Money laundering (anti-money laundering – AML) is the act of transforming money or other monetary instruments derived from some illegal activity into money or investments that appear to be legitimate, so that their illegal source cannot be tracked.
Blocking of funds from platforms included in the sanctions lists
LeoExchanger does not accept deposits from the Garantex, Stake, 1xBit, DuckDice, Primedice, MEGA DARKNET MARKET, Wasabi Wallet, Bitzlato, Darknetone and DoubleWay exchanges. All funds received to our account from the specified resources will be blocked.
Procedures and methods
The purpose of the range of anti-money laundering measures and procedures that LeoExchanger uses for accurate transactions is to ensure that customers using LeoExchanger services are equally identified by a single standard. This minimizes both their own risks and the risks of law-abiding clients being imprisoned in the illegal actions of third parties. LeoExchanger positions itself as a service that helps the RIAC organization in the fight against money laundering.
To minimize the risks associated with money laundering and terrorist financing, we strictly do not accept or send payments to third (i.e. not identified) parties. Each client, to which their own account is assigned, has the right to send or receive payments using only their own accounts, whether they are accounts in electronic payment systems, bank accounts, credit / debit cards. We reserve the right to refuse to process transactions at any stage if we suspect that the transaction is in any way related to money laundering or criminal activity.
Adhering to the AML policy, we have the right to make confirmations of the origin of funds if the cryptocurrency sent by you has a High Risk or is associated with illegitimate sources. To confirm the origin of funds, we ask you to fully answer the following questions:
- through which platform did the funds come to you?
If possible, provide screenshots of the sender’s wallet/platform withdrawal history, as well as links to both transactions in the explorer:
- for what service you received funds;
- how much the transaction was, as well as the date and time of its execution;
- through which contact person did you communicate with the sender of funds? If possible, please provide screenshots of the correspondence with the sender, where we can see the confirmation of the funds being sent.
Also, please provide the following materials:
- Photo of one of the documents (passport, ID-card or driver’s license).
- Selfie with this document and a sheet on which today’s date and signature will be written by hand.
Obligations of the service operator to comply with this policy
The obligations of the service operator to comply with the Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Money Laundering policy:
- storage of the client’s transaction history for three years;
- monitor and identify suspicious transactions;
- providing information about the client and his transactions to law enforcement authorities upon appropriate official request;
- suspension of a suspicious transaction until the circumstances are clarified and return of suspicious funds to the account of the source of funds;
- refusing to perform a suspicious operation.
On the principle of compliance with the law and openness, the LeoExchanger partner – the WhiteBIT service – operates.
We draw your attention to the fact that the use of the Services, the Website, and the WhiteBIT Platform is subject to the requirements of international law and its regulation, entirely and without exception. The User agrees to comply with the requirements of the WhiteBIT User Agreement when buying, selling, sending, receiving, exchanging, or storing digital assets on the LeoExchanger Platform.
The principles of legality and openness enable the Exchange to ensure a high degree of security for our clients, thus excluding WhiteBIT’s involvement in any type of illegal activity. The Exchange conducts mandatory monitoring and risk assessment of all ongoing transactions and other customer activities, using internal procedures and author’s AML/CTF monitoring systems, allowing them to effectively and reliably counter the financing of terrorism and combat money laundering.
If you have any questions, please contact us via the Feedback Form.